1. Do you live in a house, an apartment or a condo? We live in a house: three bedrooms, two and a half bath, 1995 vintage pseudo-Victorian.
2. Do you rent or own? Own. (Well, own subject to a fairly hefty mortgage.)
3. Does anyone else live with you? Our house is currently populated by Nancy and me, our 17 yr old son, 20 yr old daughter, and 8 yr old Tiger (he's really a cat but considers himself to be a full-fledged family member), plus our daughter also has two pet rats and a very large fish tank with more fish than I care to count.
4. How many times have you moved in your life? Well... I have had seventeen different addresses in my life (counting college dorm my freshman year and the few months we lived with Nancy's mother while house-hunting and then waiting to close). My family lived in the same house all my life until I was twenty-three and although I shared apartments or houses with friends at school, I always returned home. Some addresses were only good for an academic year, one apartment I kept for only about two months, but Nancy and I lived in our house in Binghamton for sixteen years. We've been in this house for more than six years, so that makes it the third longest time I've lived in the same place (my parents' house being the longest and our Binghamton house the second longest). The fourth longest time I've lived in the same place was an apartment I had on Oak Street in Binghamton from 1976 until 1980. I was living there when I first met Nancy and we lived there for the first year we were married, until we bought a house.
5. What are your plans for this weekend? Tonight Nancy and I are going to the Providence Place Mall (in Providence, of course) because she needs to buy a gift for a bridal shower and we feel like eating out (Sunday will be our 23rd wedding anniversary) and maybe we'll go to an IMAX movie. Saturday there will be lots of yard work to do and I'll try to get in a five mile run. We'll probably also go shopping for plants and maybe for sod sometime over the weekend. On Sunday Nancy will be going to that bridal shower and I'll be doing more yard work and also reviewing the lectures for a course I'm teaching next week.