I had done so well through two-thirds of December, only missed posting
entries on two of the first twenty-one days. However, this is only my second
entry since then. It would appear that when I am using vacation days I
have even less time rather than more.
Christmas means lots of time spent with family. That is a good thing.
Not only did we get to visit with family here, Nancy and I also went into New York City to visit Adam and Leah and grandson Sammy. While we were there we went to see The Big Voice... or, to use its full title, The Big Voice: God or Merman? (a musical comedy in two lives)
It has been gathering rave reviews (for example, see the NY Times review) and deservedly so. The four of us (Adam & Leah and Nancy & me) really enjoyed the show. The dialog and the song lyrics are delightfully witty, the show is lively and entertaining and the audience just ate it up. Steve Schalchlin (who, by the way, has been journaling online even longer than I have)
and Jim Brochu are two very talented people.
|Sam and Adam
|Sam and his scooter
And that's about it for the entry... and for 2006. Wishing you all a very Happy New Year!
Blasts from the past -- I have been listing entries for this date from
previous years so just to continue that (even though it is a big chunk
of dates) here are some entries from past years for the closing days of
- December 26, 2004 -- Cat and mouse
- December 26, 2003 -- Christmas at our house
- December 26, 2001 -- On the Feast of Stephen
- December 27, 2004 -- Snow after Christmas
- December 28, 2004 -- Visiting the past
- December 28, 2001 -- I think it's winter
- December 28, 1996 -- Installing Games
- December 29, 2003 -- Winter cleaning
- December 29, 2002 -- Numerical foreboding
- December 30, 2005 -- Almost at the new year
- December 30, 2000 -- My Christmas Vacation
- December 30, 1999 -- Thinking about this Web site
- December 30, 1996 -- Movie Comments
- December 31, 2004 -- A New York visit
- December 31, 2000 -- 2000 numbers
- December 31, 1996 -- New Year's Eve
This is my
Holidailies entry for December 31st
|A brief introduction....
A brief introduction to anyone who wanders in here for the first time from
the Holidailies site -- I'm a middle-aged
(*cough* okay, 63, but I don't look a day over 62
) guy who lives in Rhode Island with my wife Nancy (a middle-school math
teacher), daughter Gillian ("Jill" -- 24 yr old college student),
son Jeremy (21 yr old college student), and Tiger (senior citizen cat).
Eldest child Adam lives in New York City with his wife Leah and our grandson
Sam. I'm a former programmer/systems analyst who got into doing software
training and currently works from home doing quality assurance and editing
on course material for both classroom courses and Web-based training courses.
I've been writing this online journal since 1996. (If you read some of the archived entries, until a couple of years ago I used fake names for the kids -- "Sean" = Jeremy and "Jennifer" = Gillian)